Post Operation Care
Everything you need to know to help your pet recover from surgery
Spay & Neuter Care
- Keep your pet inside during recovery.
- Strict cage rest for 7-10 days (No running outside, no jumping on/off furniture, leash walk outside).
- Keep cone on for 7 days to ensure your pet isn’t licking or chewing the incision site.
- Check incision every day for proper healing.
- Don’t bathe your pet for 10 days post-surgery.
- Give pain medication as directed.
Schedule suture/staple removal 7-10 days post-surgery.
Call us if:
- You see redness, swelling, or a discharge at the incision site
- Your pet is uncomfortable, lethargic, eating less, vomiting or has diarrhea